Taking care of everything that comes your way while taking care of the funeral arrangements is a challenging task to take care of. When combined with the unimaginable loss of losing a loved one, the grief only piles up. Hence, the concept of pre-planning a funeral can be highly beneficial here.
A pre planning funeral is when people decide on their funerals in advance. Planning for a funeral includes how the funeral is to be organized, which guests are to invite, and the location of the funeral. These are the essentials of a funeral that the family members decide after the demise of a person.
Most people suggest planning everything, so why not a funeral? In this blog, we will discuss the pre planning funeral checklist. So let us proceed.
How does preplanning a funeral work?
Pre-planning a funeral can be a helpful way to ensure that your final wishes are carried out. It can also provide peace of mind for you and your loved ones, knowing that everything has been taken care of in advance. The first step is to consult with a funeral director to discuss your wishes and needs. They will then create a pre planning document that outlines all of the details of the funeral service.
It can include the type of service, music, readings, and any special requests you may have. Once the pre planning document is complete, it is fulfilled by the funeral home. When the time comes, the funeral director will simply need to follow the instructions in the record to carry out your wishes. By preplanning your funeral, you can ensure that everything is taken care of exactly as you want.
Why is preplanning a funeral important?
Funeral pre planning is essential in ensuring that your final wishes are carried out. By preplanning your funeral, you can make sure that your loved ones do not live with the burden of making difficult decisions during a time of grief. You can also take care of financial considerations in advance, saving your loved ones from coming up with the money to pay for a funeral.
In addition, preplanning allows you to make all the arrangements yourself so that you can be sure that everything is as you want. By taking the time to pre-plan your funeral, you can make the process much easier for your loved ones and ensure that your final wishes do carry out.
Is preplanning your funeral a good idea?
There are many things to consider when preplanning your funeral, such as the type of service you would like, the music you would like to play, and who you would like to give the eulogy. Funeral pre planning can also involve deciding whether you would like to be buried or cremated and, if so, where you would like your final resting place. Making these decisions in advance can give you peace of mind knowing that your funeral will be as you wanted it to be. While funeral pre planning is not required, it is something worth considering if you want to have control over your funeral service.
Significant Benefits of Planning a Funeral:
- You can choose how people will remember you: While planning your funeral, you can decide how people will remember you. A funeral service is a whole process. Mainly, funerals are organized as per the wish of the deceased person. But if a person plans his funeral, he will prepare in a specific way.
- Loved ones get comfortable: When a person dies, their loved ones have to plan everything regarding the funeral. Things become complicated for everyone as they have to plan everything with a heavy heart. But what if the deceased has already planned their funeral? That will make things much easier for the loved ones. The family members will be comfortable arranging everything on time and with perfection. It is possible only when they have the exact list of what to do at the funeral. Everyone must make a funeral pre planning checklist before they die.
- Cost-Efficient: The mental situation of family members is not such that they think about the funeral cost. We can not ignore this practical aspect of life. Self-planning the funeral is the best way to save the family’s money for your funeral. Once you decide everything about your funeral cost-efficiently, your loved ones do not have to worry about finances during your funeral services.
- You can decide on the Guest List: At a funeral, only close friends and family members are invited. If you are planning your funeral while you are alive, you can also decide on the guest list. You can determine who is invited to your funeral. It can also help the funeral organizers to make a specific guest list. This step of pre-planning a funeral is crucial and essential. So if you are pre-planning your funeral, then make a separate list of guests to be invited to your funeral.
- Make your Final Wishes Known: With a pre-planned funeral checklist, you’ll be able to make your wishes known to everyone. Everyone has a specific wish list that they’ll want to fulfill before they die. At a pre-planned funeral, you’ll be able to mention all your wishes to your immediate family members and friends. You may be unable to complete all your desires in your lifetime. But once you die and have already prepared a funeral plan, your wishes can be fulfilled by your family members. It is the best way to achieve peace, knowing that even after death, your final wishes are fulfilled.
- Provide Peace of Mind: When you prepare a funeral pre planning checklist, you include every one of your wishes. The family and friends plan the funeral as per your checklist. It gives you the satisfaction that everything intends at your discretion, providing peace of mind.
- No Mistakes from the Side of your Family and Friends: When you plan your funeral and decide everything per your wish, the organizers will make no mistakes. A pre-planned funeral gives the family members and friends an idea of how the funeral is organized and how to do things.
- Feel at ease: This is the last benefit of pre-planning your funeral in advance. Once you include everything in your plan and decide everything per your wish, you’ll feel at ease that your funeral is carried out as per your wishes. You’ll be able to achieve inner satisfaction and leave for heaven peacefully. Hence, it is highly suggested to plan your funeral to achieve peace of mind.
A funeral ceremony is planned as per the wishes of the deceased. However, family and friends also give their input in the funeral services. But if a person plans their funeral before their demise, it will be performed as per their wishes. And that is indeed a relief for the grief stricken family.
In today’s digital era, we can always find ways to comfort our loved ones, especially when it comes to easing their pain with heartfelt gestures. A time capsule is one of the best ways to leave a final farewell message to your family and friends, just to let them know how much they meant to you. We at CLOCR ensure that your pre-recorded message is safely delivered to your family via a time capsule. Our services include digital estate planning and a social media will to take care of your digital assets. Join CLOCR today.