Most people probably create an Activision account without even knowing it. That’s because when you set up a new console, especially a PlayStation, there’s usually an option to link your console account with an Activision account. And if you play any of the Call of Duty games online, you’re also prompted to create an Activision account.
But what if you want to delete your Activision account? Maybe you’re no longer interested in playing Call of Duty or you just don’t want your gaming activities linked to your personal email anymore.
Whatever the reason, here’s a step-by-step guide on how to delete your Activision account. Before we begin, however, it’s important to note that deleting your Activision account will also delete your Call of Duty profile, stats, and all other related data. So if you’re planning on coming back to the game at some point, you might want to just disable your account instead.
How Long Does It Take For Activision To Deactivate Your Account?
According to Activision’s support site, it can take up to two weeks for them to deactivate your account. So if you’re in a hurry, you might want to just disable your account instead.
- Log into your Activision account
- Click on the “Account” tab at the top of the page
- Scroll down and click on “Delete Account”
- Read through the information and click “Continue”
- Enter your password and click “Submit”
Your account will now be scheduled for deletion and you will no longer be able to log in. If you change your mind, you have 14 days to reactivate your account by logging back in. After that, your account and all associated data will be permanently deleted.
If you’re having trouble logging in or accessing your account, you can contact Activision customer support for assistance.
How To Delete Your Activision ID?
If you’re looking to delete your Activision ID, also known as your Gamertag, username, or online handle, you’ll need to contact customer support. As far as we can tell, there’s no way to do it through the website or the game itself.
To contact customer support, follow these steps:
- Visit the Activision support page
- Click on “Contact Us” at the top of the page
- Enter your information and issue
- Select “I need help with something else” and click “Continue”
- On the next page, select “Accounts & Billing” from the drop-down menu
- Activision will then provide you with a list of options and phone numbers to reach customer support.
What Happens When You Delete Your Activision Account?
As we mentioned before, deleting your Activision account will also delete your Call of Duty profile, stats, and all other related data. So if you’re planning on coming back to the game at some point, you might want to just disable your account instead.
Once you’ve deleted your account, all of your progress in the game will be erased and you’ll have to start from scratch if you decide to come back. If you have any DLC or in-game microtransactions, they will also be lost and you’ll need to repurchase them if you want to use them again.
In short, deleting your Activision account is a permanent decision that should not be taken lightly . If you’re sure you want to delete your account, follow the steps above and your account will be scheduled for deletion. Remember, you have 14 days to change your mind and reactivate your account by logging back in. After that, your account and all associated data will be permanently deleted.
How To Delete Your Activision Account Through Email?
To remove your Activision Account by email, you must contact the Activision company and request that all of your information be deleted from their website.
Here’s how to proceed:
- Log in with your Activision registered email.
- Create and send an email requesting that your account and personal information be removed from the Activision database.
- Address the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make the subject of your email “Request to Cancel My Account.”
- Send and wait for an email confirming the transaction.
How To Delete Your Activision Account Through Twitter?
To delete your Activision account, you must tweet and reference the company in your message. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
- Create a tweet directed to the firm, requesting that your account be shut down and your personal information erased.
- Provide a genuine explanation for why you’re canceling your account.
- Please type in your Activision username and registered email.
- Send an email to the official Activision Twitter account and wait for a reply.
You must confirm if your data has been completely erased after removing your Activision account. Log back in to your account and double-check.
You should also get rid of any other accounts linked to the Activision account. Before logging off, make sure to check the “linked accounts” box.
Why Should You Delete Your Activision Account?
It’s preferable to delete your account if it’s no longer useful. Although the account is not “entirely” deleted, your personal information is erased from the firm database, making the account anonymous, useless, and empty.
Delete your Activision account for the following reasons:
- Reduce your digital footprint
- Protect your identity from theft or fraud
- Get rid of spasm marketing emails from the Activision company
- Protect your information from third-party access
Can Your Activision Account Get Hacked?
Your Activision account can get hacked if you use the same password for all of your online accounts. If just one of those accounts gets hacked, the hacker will have access to all of your accounts.
That’s why it’s important to use a different password for each of your online accounts. You should also use a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols in your passwords to make them more difficult to guess.
You can protect your account by doing the following:
- Never use the same password for multiple accounts
- Use a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols in your password
- Enable two-step verification
- Change your password regularly
How To Delete An Activision If Someone Dies?
If someone you know dies and they had an Activision account, you will need to contact customer support in order to have the account deleted. You will need to provide proof of death, such as a death certificate, in order to have the account removed.
You can contact customer support by emailing email@example.com or tweeting to the official Activision Twitter account. Include the word “deceased” in your subject line and provide as much information as possible about the account holder and their death.
Activision will then delete the account and all associated data. The account cannot be recovered, so make sure you have any important information before requesting that the account be deleted.
Deleting your Activision account is a permanent process. Once you delete your account, all of your progress in the game will be lost and you’ll have to start from scratch if you decide to create a new account.
Before you delete your account, make sure you understand what you’re doing and that you won’t be able to recover any of your data. Clocr offers a way to keep your data safe and secure, even if you do delete your Activision account. Clocr can help you manage all of your online accounts in one place so you don’t have to worry about losing important information.
Sign up for Clocr today and get started on securing your online life!