Ever wondered about the initial or origin point of a website? Where does a website originate from? How do we get a domain name? And how to delete or get access to a loved one’s domain.com account. Well, all these questions will be answered in this blog post.
The Framework of a Website
An organization creates a website where every detail necessary for the customers/viewers is given. The website’s name is based on the organization’s name or the business. But a person can get a domain name only based on availability.
A domain name is an identification string that defines the authority or control of an organization on the internet. The domain holder holds the authority or control over that domain name representing their organization or business.
It is easy to get a domain name. But when the domain holder dies or becomes incapacitated to handle the domain, the close person should get either full access or permanently delete the account.
Now let us see the steps to delete the domain.com account of a loved one and the steps to gain full access to that account.
How To Delete a Domain.com Account when you don't have the Password?
Let us have a look at the process.
- Prepare all the documents required to show your relationship with the deceased person.
- After preparing the documents, visit domain.com. Raise a request on the website for the deletion of the account.
- After raising the request, you will receive a call from the customer service representative. Follow their instructions to delete the account.
The customer service representative will guide you with the further process. Once you follow their instructions thoroughly, your account will be permanently deleted.
- Name of the deceased and their email address.
- A copy of the deceased’s Government ID.
- A copy of your government ID to prove your relationship with the deceased.
- Link to the deceased’s account or profile.
- A copy of the business license to prove your ownership of the business.
- A copy of the death certificate of the deceased.
- Proof of authority over the business, such as a power of attorney.
The above process is applicable when you don’t have the password. Now let us look at the procedure when you have the password.
How To Delete a Domain.com Account when you have the Password?
It isn’t easy to delete a domain.com account when you don’t have the password of that account. But when you have the password, it is very easy to delete an account/profile. Now let us look at the process for the same.
- On the hosting summary page, click on the account username in the upper right corner of the screen. Enter the login credentials and log in to the account.
- From the dropdown list, click on the account settings.
- On the left side of the screen, click on user profile, then click on account access & security.
- Alongside the existing authorized user, click the three-dotted icon.
- Click on the delete profile option.
This simple process will help you to delete the account. When you have the password of the account, you can delete that account with ease. You need not show any document of proof.
But to follow this simple procedure, you must have the password of that account. Usually, when you are associated with a business closely, you have all the necessary details related to the business.
A business owns a website. Information related to that business is crucial. If the business owner dies or becomes incapable of handling the business, their successor should have the necessary business details.
A domain name is very important for any business. The business’s presence on the internet is indicated with the domain name. The above-mentioned process can also be followed to gain full access to a loved one’s domain.com account.