Leaving a legacy isn’t easy. It requires hard work, faith and consistent efforts for a lifetime. Everybody has a different legacy. Some are known for their truthfulness, while others are known for their talents in various fields.
You might have suffered a loss recently. You may be engrossed in the loss and might be handling the legacy that the deceased person left behind. Legacy quotes about Leaving a legacy might help you overcome the burden you have on your shoulder. Let us understand what a legacy is.
What is Legacy?
The most basic definition of legacy is – something that passes on, something you leave behind for your loved ones. Leaving a legacy meaning is what an individual leaves behind when they pass away, in both tangible and intangible forms. Tangible forms, a legacy may constitute what materialistic things you leave behind after your demise. For example – Money, pieces of art, properties, and other physical assets.
The intangible forms of legacy you leave are your reputation, your ethics, the life you have lived, and digital assets. Your legacy will remain forever, whether they are in tangible form or intangible. People will remember you for all that good if you have done good deeds.
On the other hand, if you have done bad, your legacy will remain for those memories. Whether good or bad, your legacy will remain forever. We mention quotes about legacy, and family further below.
Legacy Quotes for a Sibling
Siblings have prime importance in our lives. We grow up with our siblings, and hence they have an ever-lasting bond with us. A couple of quotes about legacy of siblings come next –
- “What greater thing is there for human souls than to feel that they are joined for life – to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories.” – George Eliot, author
- “Like all the best families, we have our share of eccentricities, of impetuous and wayward youngsters and of family disagreements.” – Queen Elizabeth II, monarch
Friendship Legacy Quotes
For some, friends are the siblings they don’t have. For others, friends are a connection of past lives. Our friends are our lifelines, helping us and comforting us in our sorrows and times of distress. Your legacy will remain forever among your friends. A few quotes on the legacy of friendship –
- I think the legacy is really the company that we built. That’s what makes me happy. I’m a very simple person, so that’s all I really need. – Parker Harris
- Everyone in the league has a journey or a legacy, whether you’re in the league for five years or you’re in the league for one year. – D’Angelo Russell
- “The little bit you and I might change the world,” Malloy smiled, “it wouldn’t show up until a hundred years after we were dead. We’d never see it.” “But it’d be there.”― James Jones, From Here to Eternity
Financial Legacy Quotes
We can get motivated to improve our finances by reading financial legacy quotes. A couple of financial Legacy planning quotes are listed below.
- I wasn’t a financial pro, and I paid the price. –Ruth Handler
- Your economic security does not lie in your job; it lies in your own power to produce – to think, to learn, to create, to adapt. That’s true financial independence. It’s not having wealth; it’s having the power to produce wealth. – Stephen Covey, author
Career Legacy Quotes
Reading quotes about legacy and leadership from time to time will inspire you to achieve the best in your career. A few quotes on career legacy are:
- “It can be a challenge, but my legacy, at least for the people who came before me, is that you don’t run from challenges because that’s more comfortable and convenient.” – Bryan Stevenson, Lawyer
- “An athlete cannot run with money in his pockets. He must run with hope in his heart and dreams in his head.” – Emil Zàtopek, long-distance runner
Short Legacy Quotes
His legacy lives on quotes and can be very inspirational for many. Quotes on legacy need not be long to impact somebody reading it. Next, we mention a couple of short legacy quotes.
- “You can’t leave a footprint that lasts if you’re always walking on tiptoe.” – Marion Blakey
- Persistence can change failure into extraordinary achievement. – Matt Biondi
Spiritual or Religious Legacy Quotes
Inspirational stories about leaving a legacy is a common way to inspire the younger generation. Here are some spiritual quotes about legacy.
- “Aim at Heaven and you will get Earth thrown in: aim at Earth and you will get neither.” – C.S. Lewis, author
- “The end of life is not to be happy, nor to achieve pleasure and avoid pain, but to do the will of God, come what may.” – Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., minister and activist
Leaving a Legacy of Examples
So what does it mean to leave a legacy behind? In straightforward terms, leaving a legacy behind is to leave something meaningful and memorable to people in your life after you leave this world. You might have received the legacy of your grandparents or your parents. Similarly, every individual should leave something of a legacy behind for their loved ones.
Leaving a legacy is important, and you should try to leave one’s legacy behind. Leaving one’s legacy is essential as it is how people will remember you after you pass away. Also, having a legacy is important as it can help your family members with teachings and learnings. Legacy planning quotes also help to help you leave your legacy.
A few examples of how to leave your legacy follow –
- Start a Family Tree
If you don’t have a family tree description detail yet, you should start one immediately. Start by writing down the details of family and close relatives you know. It would help if you also mentioned how all these people are connected. As and when there is something to add or you get more information on other relatives, you can add them to your family tree description list.
- Open a Trust for your Child/Children
Leaving an inheritance to your child/children is one of the most common ways to leave your legacy behind. You can hence open a trust in the name of your child/children.
- Create a Family Archive
As the children grow older, they yearn to learn about their ancestors. They will also like to know about their childhood days which they will not remember as they get older. You can leave behind a legacy by creating a Family Archive album or diary where you mention details of their childhood and grandparents. You can write all the essential family history in this diary and add photographs.
- Fund a Scholarship
If you are passionate about studies and knowledge and want to make a difference in someone’s life, you can opt to fund a scholarship as part of your legacy. Sure deserving students cannot pursue their studies due to financial constraints. You can set up a scholarship fund to help such deserving students. This way, your legacy will continue long after you have left the world. What does it mean to leave a legacy behind? Funding a scholarship is a great way to leave your legacy behind.
One of the very famous leaving a legacy quotes is –
“If your actions create a legacy that inspires others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, then you are an excellent leader.” – Dolly Parton, singer-songwriter
There are many inspirational stories about leaving a legacy that you can read and learn from. One of the common ways to leave your legacy is via your inheritance which includes both physical and digital assets.
We at Clocr help you to safeguard your digital assets by keeping them in one place. You can use the services of Digital Vault offered by Clocr to secure your digital assets. Other services offered by Clocr.com are Digital Will and Digital Estate Planning that can help you leave behind a long lasting digital legacy for your future generations. Visit www.clocr.com to learn more.