When you create a Will or Estate it’s about who will inherit your tangible assets — money, real estate, cars, personal possessions, etc. But, there is another type of personal asset that needs to be taken care of i.e. Digital Assets. These Digital Assets are a crucial part of your Digital Legacy.
Most of us use a bunch of different digital platforms in our day-to-day life such as Facebook, Pinterest, eBay, PayPal, LinkedIn, Online Banking, etc. These online accounts are part of your Digital Assets. So, if you think of the amount of Digital data your store online, you’ll know how important it is to manage your Digital Legacy.
Managing your Digital Legacy secures your Digital Assets and makes sure your family has access to them even after your demise. To make it simple for you, we have come up with a few points that will help you manage your Digital Legacy.
5 Easy Ways To Manage Your Digital Legacy
Digital Legacy is an essential part of most of our life’s stories. And the problem is that not many people have considered managing their Digital Legacy yet. If you haven’t put any thought into how to manage your Digital Legacy for your loved ones, then it’s time that you do.
Here are five simple ways to manage your Digital Legacy
- You can start by making a list of all of your Online accounts along with their usernames and passwords as well as any other important digital data. Try to include all your Digital Assets such as Cloud Storage, Social Media Accounts, Subscription Accounts, Critical Documents, Photos, Videos, Online Wallets, etc.
- Decide what you want to happen to your Digital Assets and Digital data when you are gone. Then select a Digital Executor who can manage all your Digital Legacy after your demise.
- Make sure your Digital Executor is aware of their responsibilities and your final wishes. Document your final wishes and all instructions to simplify the responsibilities of your Digital Executor. You don’t necessarily need to provide username and passwords to your Digital Executor but make sure they are safely placed in a secured hard drive or a Digital Time capsule.
- Update the list of your Digital Assets at least twice a year. Passwords change or change in any Logins credentials needs to be updated in your Digital Legacy Plan. This ensures that you don’t leave outdated information to your family and they don’t face trouble in accessing your Digital Assets.
- Although talking to your family about this might seem difficult but it’s important you inform them about your Digital Legacy Plan. This will allow your family to access your Digital Assets after your death and do exactly what you want them to do to your Online Accounts and Digital Data.
You can manage your Digital Legacy through Clocr’s Time capsule. With the help of Digital Time Capsule, you can pass on your values, memories, stories, and much more to your family and younger generation. Most importantly, you will provide peace of mind to your family by giving them something to hold on to even after your death.