Friends are a significant part of our lives. We live so many moments with them and have so many memories of them. As we get older, we become much closer to our friends and value friendship even more. Then one day comes an inevitable happening; losing your friend due to old age, sickness, accident, or natural death. The ones with whom we had so many memorable moments are suddenly no more.
Losing a friend is a huge loss to anyone. We can only feel the sadness, and the bearer of the loss cannot express it. Coping up with the loss of a friend will take effort on one’s part. For some, it is difficult to express grief with words. Reading inspirational quotes on the death of a friend for such situations can help a person suffering from such anguish. The quotes we have chosen are emotionally empowering, and will help you overcome grief at the loss of your friend. We mention various quotes on the death of a friend in the article below.
Inspirational Quotes About the Death of a Friend
Here are a few inspirational quotes on the death of a best friend or a close friend.
- “To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.” – Thomas Campbell
- “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” – Winnie The Pooh
- “The comfort of having a friend may be taken away, but not that of having had one.” —Seneca, Philosopher
- “I love you every day. And now I will miss you every day” ~ Mitch Albom
- “Your lost friends are not dead, but gone before, / Advanced a stage or two upon that road / Which you must travel in the steps they trod.” —Aristophanes, Philosopher
Sad Quotes About the Death of a Friend
We state a few sad quotes on the death of a good friend next.
- “His death brings a new experience to my life – that of a wound that will not heal” – Ernst Jünger
- “I love you every day. And now I will miss you every day” ~ Mitch Albom
- “Absence is a house so vast that inside you will pass through its walls and hang pictures in the air.” – PABLO NERUDA
- “I’ll be seeing you In all the old familiar places That this heart of mine embraces All day through.” ~ Billie Holiday, I’ll Be Seeing You
- “Even the best of friends cannot attend each other’s funeral.” —Kehlog Albran, Author
Quotes About the Death of a Childhood Friend
Childhood will perhaps be the happiest of times in our lives. Losing childhood friends is never easy. Next, we mention quotes for the death of a friend from childhood.
- “Say not in grief ‘he is no more but in thankfulness that he was.” – Hebrew Proverb
- “The pain passes, but the beauty remains.” –PIERRE AUGUSTE RENOIR
- “The song has ended but the melody lingers on.”
- “Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul there is no such thing as separation.” ~ Rumi
- “It hurt because it mattered.” ~ John Green
Quotes About the Sudden Death of a Friend
When a friend suddenly dies, it takes more time to heal as the grieving process is lengthy— here are a few close friend death quotes to help you feel better when there is a sudden death of a friend.
- “When God says you’re ready, it doesn’t matter where you are in life.” – Carlos Wallace
- “Sadly enough, the most painful goodbyes are the ones that are left unsaid and never explained.” – Jonathan Harnisch
- “The greatest tribute we can give to the deceased is to keep on living. For when we don’t, we too shall die, before our time.” – Charles Glassman
- “The tragedy of life, Howard, is not that the beautiful die young, but that they grow old and mean. It will not happen to me.” – Raymond Chandler
- “What we have once enjoyed deeply we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us.” —Helen Keller, Teacher and activist
Quotes About the Death of a Best Friend
Best friends are like brothers or sisters from another mother. The bond is so close, and when we lose that best friend, life becomes insufferable—a few quotes to help you overcome it.
- “How come some stories have an ending when they never had a starting?” – Neeraj Agnihotri, In The Name Of Blasphemy
- Sometimes life is hard to bear, when a friend is just not there.―Unknown
- “You meet people who forget you. You forget people you meet. But sometimes you meet those people you can’t forget. Those are your friends.” ~ Mark Twain
- “We laughed until we had to cry. And we loved right down to our last goodbye. We were the best.” ~ David Foster
- “Friends fill time in our lives that will be vacant when they die.” ~ Helen Fitzgerald.
These 25 inspirational quotes on the death of a friend will help you through the grieving process.
How do you deal with losing a friend's death?
Losing a friend is never easy. The closer the friend is, the harder it will be to get over the grief. You may question why your friend passed away so quickly, but we all know death is inevitable. When the time comes, a person has to leave this world. It would help if you thought of the happy memories of your friend. Read the quotes for the death of a friend above, which will help you to calm your mind. The following ways mentioned below will also help.
- Take One Day at a Time You have to face the sorrow of losing a friend. Time heals everything. You should take one day at a time. Focussing on the present helps. Take deep breaths, which help reduce the anxiety of losing a friend. Thinking of the present will not let your mind wander to unwanted thoughts. Remind yourself to think of the present from time to time.
- Accept the Fact that they are gone In the immediate days passing the death, you will often question why?. To be truthful, one has no answer to it. It is nature taking its course. Death is inevitable and will come when it has to come. It would be best if you asserted yourself to accept the fact of the end of your friend.
- Join a Support Group Surround yourself with friends and family. Loved ones will help you go through the grief. If you don’t find it enough to heal, you can join a support group to pass through these challenging times. The people in the group are going through the same sort of grief. Speaking about your grief with people undergoing the same kind of feeling will help you deal with the death of your friend.
- Give Comfort to Yourself It is essential to comfort yourself during your grieving period. Do things that make you happy. Enjoy the little things that give you joy. It takes your mind off the sadness of the death of your friend. Catch up on a movie you have wanted to see or cook your favorite dish. There will be several things that you like which you can do during this time.
- Keep a Journal Writing always helps. Start to keep a journal penning down your thoughts. Sometimes it is easier to write down your feelings when you can’t express them verbally. Even when you have emotional turmoil in your head, you can write down your thoughts and feelings. It assuredly brings down the stress. You can write about the happy moments also spent with your friend in the journal.
What do you post when a friend dies?
Social media has empowered us to share an update on any event in our lives, good or bad. It is also a medium where we can memorialize the death of a loved one. You can post about it when you have lost a friend on your social media. You may also share a memory post. There are specific guidelines to be followed when you post about a death of a known person.
Firstly, you need to identify which social media sites will be the most effective to post on. Preferably, use the area that your departed friend used the most. After the death of your friend, you can post and share information about the funeral services and the memorial service the family will host. By doing this, you will help the social community of your friend to get the latest news upon their death.
Online obituaries have become very common. The tributes posted on online platforms provide a place where there is a collection of shared remembrances of your departed soul. A tribute message to a dead friend is a way to relieve yourself from the grief that you are undergoing.
How do I stop being sad about losing a friend?
The rule that does not change in our world is that death is inevitable. Losing friends is never easy. If the friend were very close, grieving would take much more time. You need to accept the fact that your friend has passed away. You cannot continue your life with endless sadness. Yes, you will have to pass through a grieving period, but you must think of your present and future and come out of it soon.
There are healthy ways to cope with your grief. You will have to come to terms with the loss of your friend and move on in your life. You will have to face the suffering of a loved one initially and come to terms with it over time. Don’t avoid your feelings, as not meeting them can lead to anxiety and depression. It can also lead to substance abuse or other health issues.
Be surrounded by friends and family or join a support group if needed to deal with the grief. You can release your emotions by maintaining a journal about how you feel about losing your friend. Subsequently, you can get back to activities that you like. Do what makes your heart and mind happy. If you enjoy knitting, start knitting. If you like baking, start baking. Doing what you like will help you stop being sad about losing a friend.
We all lose close friends from time to time. We need to accept it, have a grieving period, and move on with the cycle of our lives. Though it is not easy to bear the emotions, we suffer when we feel the loss of a friend, we need to live with it as life goes on.
It also gets complicated with the planning the family of the deceased needs to do after the death. You can plan the necessary things effectively and leave the instructions as a document in your digital vault with Clocr. With all instructions in place, you can name a nominee to handle something as planned upon your death. And what other way to be remembered for good than leaving a final farewell message for your loved ones via a digital time capsule! We at Clocr offer services such as digital vault, digital estate, social media will and much more. Join Clocr.com today.