Clocr, Inc., is proud to secure 3rd place in the highly competitive and prestigious Future Founders UPitch 2020 competitions. There were hundreds of applications and a record number of participants for this all virtual collegiate competition from across the country.
“Being shortlisted for the national competition is an endorsement of Clocr services, says Apoorva Chintala, CEO/CoFounder of Clocr. It’s great to represent the University of Texas at Austin in this competition and winning a 3rd place is super thrilling, continues Apoorva.
Future Founders hosted the virtual 7th Annual U.Pitch National Collegiate Elevator Pitch Competition & Showcase on October 29, 2020. Despite being a completely virtual competition, a record number of applications from passionate young entrepreneurs across the country applied to U. Pitch competitions. 18 semifinalists pitched their startups in front of entrepreneurs, investors, and business leaders, who ultimately selected five finalists to compete for their chance at the $10,000 prize pool.
“We haven’t received this many applications ever before“, said Future Founders and picking the 18 semifinalists was a tough job.
“Now more than ever, our country needs the creativity and problem-solving abilities possessed by these young entrepreneurs,” said Scott Issen, President & CEO, Future Founders.
Congratulations to all the winners.
- Rize Fitness (1st Place): Dillon Connolly & Trey Arnold
- Arist (2nd Place): Michael Ioffe
- Clocr Inc. (3rd Place): Apoorva Chintala
- Buzzbassador (People’s Choice): Brandon Johns & Calvin Waddy, III
Thanks to all the incredible judges, mentors, volunteers, and sponsors for making this event possible.
Sree Chintala, CTO / CoFounder congratulations all the semifinalists and especially the two Texas teams.
- Apoorva Chintala, Clocr Inc., University of Texas at Austin (TX)
- Candice Blacknall, GABA, Morehouse School of Medicine & Georgia Institute of Technology (GA)
- Dillon Connolly, Rize Fitness, University of Southern California (CA)
- Joshua Ermias, Door Robotics, University of Maryland (MD)
- Benjamin Greenfield, ViveSense, Columbia University (NY)
- John Hatfield, ChordaWorm Lures LLC, Iowa State University (IA)
- Michael Ioffe, Arist, Babson College (MA)
- Arohi Jain, BreezeBubble Inc., University of Michigan (MI)
- Brandon Johns, Buzzbassador, Mississippi State University (MS)
- Taimi Kennerley, The Girls Company, Brigham Young University (UT)
- Sutton King, ShockTalk, New York University (NY)
- Zachary Lynch, Card Stock-Exchange LLC, Texas A&M University (TX)
- Del Martin, Labio Couture, Pitzer College (CA)
- Michael Paredes, OlaCoral, St. Olaf College (MN)
- Naman Singh, MassApply, Virginia Tech (VA)
- Jackie Smythe, INFKNIT Apparel, Inc., Michigan State University (MI)
- Brendan Wang, CAPNOS LLC, Michigan State University (MI)
- Alexsandra Wolfe, Puresipity, University of Tampa (FL)
Future Founders, a non-profit organization that believes every youth can become an entrepreneur, today announced the 18 semifinalists for its 7th Annual U.Pitch National Collegiate Elevator Pitch Competition & Showcase – Presented by Target Accelerators.