Have you ever missed someone living away from you? How will you show your love and affection? How will you cheer them up when they need you the most? A physical hug is not always possible. Whether it’s a long-distance relationship or estranged relatives, those who are not close to us also need to know how much we love them. To express yourself, you can send a virtual hug to them.
What is a Virtual Hug?
A virtual hug is something between a normal hug and an actual email, SMS, or call. It is basically showing your love and affection to someone who is living away. It can be in the form of an email or SMS with a cute message. Simply put, a virtual hug is used to show emotions similar to the real hug but through different means.
How to Send a Virtual Hug?
Sending a virtual hug depends on the situation. However, different types of virtual hugs can be used for different situations. Here are a few examples:
The most straightforward way to send a virtual hug to someone is sending a GIF of a hug via text. This is the best way to show that you casually love a person.
Steps to send a virtual hug via GIFs on a Facebook post:
- One needs to login into their Facebook account.
- Go to the post in which one wants to send a virtual hug.
- In the comment section, move over to the right. On the right side, one can see a GIF icon.
- At the top search bar appears.
- Just by typing the word ‘Hug,’ one will see all GIFs of virtual hug.
- One can further select any one of them and tap on it. Just by tapping on the GIF, it will automatically get posted.
If you want to add something extra to the virtual hug you want to send, Ecards are the best. Sending an ecard lets the person know that you spent extra effort to show your love and compassion.
There are several companies and websites which offer the services of the ecard. Some are free, and some of them are paid. One can choose any one of them. Some companies also charge annual membership, such as Blue Mountain, Hallmark Cards, and American Greetings. One can follow these steps to personalize an ecard and send virtual hugs to their loved ones.
- First of all, one needs to create a free account.
- After creating the new account, one has to log in with their username and password.
- After login, a window will be opened.
- Type the keyword’ hug’ in the search bar.
- Select an ecard as per choice and preference.
- For personalizing the ecard, click/tap personalize ecard.
- Now one can easily Customize the ecard and even add a personal note to it.
- Enter the receiver’s email address.
- Click/tap send.
Ever since the revolution of social media has come into existence, staying in touch with your loved ones living far away has become way too easy. Moreover, to send a virtual hug, social media can be used. This might include you sharing a gif or even sharing a picture of you hugging them on their social media.
Social media like Facebook can be an excellent option to send a virtual hug on social media. Here are the steps how one can send a virtual hug on Facebook messenger:
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- In the upper right corner, one can see a messenger icon. However, if someone uses a cellphone, they can tap on the messenger icon on the top.
- Type the name of the person you want to send the virtual hug to in the search box.
- On the left, one can see the choice to send a sticker or GIF.
- One can tap on anyone they wish to browse.
- Type in the keyword ‘Hug’ in the search box.
- Scroll down and select any preferred hug GIF or sticker.
- Once decided, one must tap on the hug sticker or GIF to send.
- From Google Play Store, search download the ‘I Need Hugs’ app
- The app will automatically install.
- Once the app is installed, open it.
- Now one can scroll through the available GIFS.
- Once a person has decided to send a GIF they wish, they can now select the share option.
- One can share the selected GIF via Twitter, text message, email, Facebook messenger, Instagram, Facebook wall, and other communication venues.
- No one needs to select the person they want to send the virtual hug to.
- On the send button, click/tap to send a virtual hug.
These were a few easy options to send virtual hugs to their loved ones. However, depending on the situation, it will be determined which type of hug you choose to send. People need to show how much they love and care for their loved ones. However, there are situations when it isn’t possible to do. Virtual hugs will be the best option for people who want to convey their feelings even from miles away.