When someone passes away, the responsibility of taking care of their online accounts falls upon the shoulders of a loved one. Out of the multiple accounts one can possess, a Bing account can be one of them. Bing is Microsoft’s web search engine. The launch of the Bing search engine was in the year 2009. It is the successor to MSN Search, Windows Live Search and Live Search, Microsoft’s previous search engines.
The quality of image searches is relatively high in a Bing account. It has a good take on social media integrations too. Bing tends to bring more search engine results to the trending news from social media platforms. So now that you know what Bing is, you might question how do I delete my Bing account. Let’s find an answer to this question.
What is Bing?
Bing is a search engine by Microsoft, which users also refer to as Bing Search. You can use Bing via Microsoft Edge or through the Bing mobile app. In the former, you can access Bing automatically when you use Edge’s search bar for a web search operation. Clicking on the Edge search bar will directly take you to Bing’s search result.
All the information you'll need to delete a Bing account
You can log in to your Bing account by logging in to your Microsoft account or your Facebook account. When an individual becomes deceased, their digital executor or the family member who has access to the login password can delete the Bing account. If you want to close your Bing account through the Microsoft account, follow the below steps –
- Make sure you cancel all paid subscriptions to Microsoft accounts first. You can cancel your subscriptions via the ‘billing section’ or through your respective websites.
- Sign in to the Microsoft account of the deceased through the web homepage.
- Click ‘security & password’ on the left-hand side of the page under the ‘account’ navigation.
- Scroll down and click on the ‘close account’ option
- Then click ‘next’ as per the instructions shown on the page.
- You will see checkboxes with comments. Click on them so that you understand the results of deleting an account.
- Select the reason for deleting the account.
- Click the button for ‘closure of account.’
The person deleting the Bing account of a deceased person should have the following information before they can opt for the deletion of the Bing account – The email ID used to login into the Microsoft account and the password of that account.
How to Log out of a Bing account?
It is effortless to log out of a Bing account. Follow the below-mentioned steps to log out of a Bing account.
Step 1: Click your ‘account name’ on the upper right corner of your Microsoft account on the Bing.com page.
Step 2: A menu opens up. Click on the ‘sign out the command.’
Steps to close the Bing account of a deceased person
People pass away. So, what happens to a person’s digital legacy after they pass away? Few of you would like to know how to close a deceased person’s account in Microsoft.
Microsoft needs the following details to Delete Microsoft account of a deceased user.
- Name of the deceased person
- Email of the deceased person
- Death certificate of the deceased person
- An ID of the person putting in the application for the closure of the Microsoft account of the deceased person
So if you too are wondering how do you close a deceased person’s email account, the answer is pretty simple. Follow the steps of closing the account mentioned above. The email of the deceased will also be closed.
Your Bing account is one of your many digital presences online. It comes under the digital assets category. Along with your Bing account, you will have many other digital assets. Managing and securing all of them can become a vast and time-taking task if individuals don’t do it promptly and systematically.
So, make it an essential part of your estate planning to include a digital estate plan too. With a digital estate plan, your Microsoft account recovery for a deceased person and your digital executor named in your digital estate plan can execute it. We at Clocr offer various digital estate solutions, including digital legacy planning and secure Digital Vault. Use our services to close your Bing and other online accounts after you pass away. Join us today.