What is Bitly?
Bitly is a URL shortening and link management tool that converts long, unappealing URLs into short and shareable ones. The Link Management platform allows you to utilize the power of web links by shortening, sharing, managing and analysing links. It is a great online marketing tool and is used to track clicks, check demographics, site referrals and much more. After gaining its popularity on Twitter, Bitly is now used by millions of users, ranging from individuals, small businesses, to Fortune 500 organisations.
Now that you know what Bitly is, how to delete the account? Here is everything you need to know.
How to close a Bitly account?
- Log into the Bitly account
- Go to the top right corner, click the Profile menu and go to Settings.
- At the very bottom of the Profile tab, click on the option of Delete Account
- After confirming deletion, your Bitly account is officially closed.
Points to remember:
- Before deleting the Bitly account, make sure that there are no active subscriptions. Make sure to cancel the subscription before deleting the account to avoid getting charged.
- Here is how you can cancel the subscription. Login to Bitly, click on Profile, select Settings. Select an option below your current plan, choose the changes you want to make from the Plan page, confirm your choice.
- Contact the Account manager if you have the Enterprise plan.