Airbnb is an online marketplace that connects people who want to rent out their homes with people searching for accommodation in an area and location of their choice. Known for having a vast customer base, AirBnB is preferred by customers worldwide. We all must have used Airbnb at some stage of our lives.
In some instances, the need arises where we need to delete Airbnb account. Deleting an Airbnb account on an app or on other devices becomes essential when a person passes away. It is also possible for a customer to delete airbnb account after bad reviews.
It becomes an easy process if a person has left a digital estate plan. Although, if a person does not have a digital estate plan, then family members will have to know the user ID and password of the Airbnb account of the deceased person to close the account. Let us understand how to delete the Airbnb account of a deceased person.
All you need to know about Airbnb
Airbnb stands for Air Bread and Breakfast and the company was incorporated in 2007. Airbnb covers more than 100,000 cities in 220+ countries. Experts say that Airbnb has revolutionized the hospitality industry. Allowing people to rent out a spare room or home allows the individuals providing the services at Airbnb to earn a decent income throughout the year. Travelers, on the other hand, get the option of a homely place to spend their vacation in. Travelers can also save money by choosing services from Airbnb.
How to deactivate your Airbnb account?
Can you remove an Airbnb account? Is this question bothering you? Or are you in a dilemma on whether to delete Airbnb account? If you are unsure whether to delete your Airbnb account, you can opt to deactivate it.
Mentioned below are the steps to deactivate your Airbnb account.
Step 1: Login to your account
Step 2: Click on the profile icon in the page’s top-right corner. Click on ‘Account’ in the dropdown menu.
Step 3: Among the options, you can select ‘Need to deactivate your account?’ Follow the on-screen instructions to be able to deactivate your Airbnb account.
Step 4: Click on ‘Confirm’ to deactivate your account.
Important notes to read before canceling or erasing your Airbnb account
Whether you are wondering how to delete your Airbnb account on iPhone or how to delete your Airbnb account on Android, below are a few important notes to read before canceling or erasing your Airbnb account.
- They will cancel all of the active reservations made under the account.
- Airbnb might still keep some of the data associated with the account even after the permanent deletion of the account.
- The deletion process is permanent, and you cannot retrieve the account after the deletion of the Airbnb account.
How to close your Airbnb account?
Are you wondering how to delete your Airbnb account on iPhone or how to delete your Airbnb account on Android? No matter the device, the steps to delete Airbnb account on app or any device follow next :
Step 1: Login to the Airbnb account >
Step 2: Click on ‘Manage your Data’
Step 3: Click on ‘Delete your account
Step 4: Click on ‘Request to delete your account’ link
Follow the on-screen prompts upon clicking the above link to close your Airbnb account.
How to fully delete an Airbnb account?
To delete Airbnb account of a deceased person, you need to follow the below steps.
Step 1: Login to the Airbnb account of the deceased person.
Step 2: Click on the ‘Account Settings’ icon on the top-right corner of the screen.
Step 3: Click on ‘Deactivate My Account.
Step 4: Follow the on-screen prompts and write the reason for the deletion of the Airbnb account.
Step 5: Click on the ‘Confirmation’ to delete the Airbnb account.
By following the above steps, you can delete the Airbnb account of a deceased person.
How long does it take to delete an Airbnb account?
If you are wondering How long does it take to delete an Airbnb account, the answer is that Airbnb starts working on your request almost immediately and usually completes the process within 48 hours of your request. Airbnb will notify you via email that the account has been closed. Another question that might arise in your mind – can I delete my Airbnb account and make a new one?
The answer is – Yes, you can delete your Airbnb account and make a new one. This will be an entirely new account on the site. You will not be able to recover data from your old account in this case.
We all have used Airbnb at some point or the other. We are also aware that the services of Airbnb are excellent in any corner of the globe. You can find accommodations of varied ranges globally on Airbnb. Simultaneously while traveling, it is good to keep Airbnb alternatives in mind too. The reason for this is that with the success of Airbnb, the prices on its listings are increasing and hence, tend to be expensive for some travelers.
Another reason why you should have Airbnb alternatives in your knowledge is that a property you may like may already have a booking ready at the time of your travel. Hence, you should have alternatives to book your stay. Next up, we are going to mention a few of the Airbnb alternatives which are there in our list.
- Booking.com- Booking.com is a Dutch online traveling agency that is an apt alternative to Airbnb. For over two decades, this company has been serving customers globally. The customers have many choices in selecting their preferred accommodation for their travels. They often have good discounts on offer on their site, which is suited for travelers. The platform is available for both Android and iOS users.
- The Plum Guide- If you want to consider the best accommodation available in the country you are visiting, try booking on the Airbnb alternative – The Plum Guide. They accept less than 5% of the properties that apply to their platform. They select the properties based on over 150 criteria. They have a good amount of accommodations for various budgets to choose from.
- Agoda Homes- If you are looking to book an apartment as accommodation during your travels, you should opt for Agoda Homes as an Airbnb alternative. Apart from spacious apartments, they have a wide range of listings of private villas, bungalows, and vacation rentals. Agoda home has over a million properties and is an excellent alternative to Airbnb. The platform is available for both Android and iOS users.
- Vrbo- With over two million listings in almost 190 countries, Vrbo is one of the largest vacation rental sites today. It has a wide range of properties available for various budgets. One disadvantage of this Airbnb alternative is that it does not provide accommodation options for shared spades, which Airbnb does. Consequently, this platform is ideal for people traveling in groups or families. This platform is available on both iOS and Android devices.
- Vacasa- The vacation rental service Vacasa is available in the United States of America, Canada, Costa Rica, Belize, and Mexico. It has over 30,000 rental listings on its platform. This Airbnb alternative differs from Airbnb in the way that it manages the properties listed themselves. They do this to maintain a high standard of quality. There are a variety of accommodation types listed on its site. The platform is available for both Android and iOS users.
If a host has to delete Airbnb account after a bad review, you can search for a vacation rental of your choice in any of the above Airbnb alternatives. Also, if you come across an Airbnb delete listing, you can try finding that property listing in either of the above Airbnb alternatives.
Now that you know how to delete an Airbnb account, you might also realize the complications that may arise when deleting a deceased person’s account. The major one is not having access to the account holder’s login information. To delete Airbnb account on app can be a difficult process too. Using a Digital Estate Plan lets you decide what happens to each of your Digital Assets following your death or incapacitation.
Sign up with Clocr today to create your own Digital Estate Plan. By doing so, you give the rights to your digital executor to do what you want to happen to your online accounts, including your Airbnb account. Clocr also provides services like Digital Vault to store your online information and digital assets. Join Clocr today.