The meaning of life is a question that many have pondered through the years. While answers to the question can vary with the different perspectives people have on life and death, numerous people have come up with their own views on life and the experience of a life well-lived.
Quotes are oftentimes beautiful because they have a way of striking a chord within you, especially when you’re going through a hard time, such as the loss of a loved one. If you’re looking to deliver a eulogy or just processing your feelings regarding the loss, it’s always a good idea to focus on how good of a life they lived.
Below, we’ve made a list of 15 Wonderful Quotes About A Life Well-Lived to remind both yourself and others about the wonderful life that your loved one lived.
Quotes About a Life Well Lived for a Funeral Or Memorial Service
1. “The highest tribute to the dead is not grief but gratitude.” – Thornton Wilder
2. “Life is God’s novel. Let him write it” – Isaac Bashevis Singer
3. “The man is a success who has lived well, loved much, and laughed often.” – R.L Stevenson
4. “You cannot find peace by avoiding life” – Virginia Woolf
5. “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on” – Robert Frost
Quotes For A Short Life Well Lived
6. “Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away” – Maya Angelou
7. “Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be” – Grandma Moses
8. “Only the good die young.” – Billy Joel
9. “Not how long, but how well you have lived is the main thing.” – Seneca
10. “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all” – Oscar Wilde
Inspiring Quotes About A Life Well Lived
11. “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough” – Mae West
12. “I think I’ve discovered the secret of life – you just hang around until you get used to it” – Charles Schulz
13. “Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can” – Danny Kaye
14. “Don’t take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive” – Elbert Hubbard
15. “Life becomes harder for us when we live for others, but it also becomes richer and happier” – Albert Schweitzer
If you know someone who’s grieving the loss of a loved one and you’re looking for some inspiration on what to write as a condolence message, we’ve got you covered.