What is Youtube?
YouTube is an online video-sharing platform where users can watch, share, and upload videos. Owned by Google, it’s the website that has the second-most online visits in the world.
A YouTube channel is a user account that may be owned by one or more people where videos can be uploaded to. However, it’s not uncommon to feel burnt and needing a break from constantly having to upload content. In such cases, it’s a good idea to delete your YouTube channel.
So you know what YouTube is, but the question remains on how to delete a YouTube Channel. We’ve also given an idea about deleting a YouTube channel for someone who’s died. In order to delete a YouTube channel, follow the steps given below.
How To Delete A YouTube Channel:
- Log in to YouTube using the channel that is to be deleted.
- At the top-right section of the page, click on your account icon.
- From the dropdown, go to Settings.
- Click on Advanced Settings on the sidebar to the left.
- There, you can find the Delete YouTube Channel option.
- Enter your password one more time.
- Click on I want to permanently delete my content.
- Select the boxes and then click on Delete My Channel/Content.
How To Delete A YouTube Account For Someone Who’s Died
In the unfortunate case where a loved one passed away, you might want to delete a YouTube channel that belonged to them. In such a case, you can petition Google to remove the account.
Things To Note:
- The contents of the account may not be immediately deleted.
- Even though the contents of your account might be removed, the data associated with the channel will still be a part of aggregate reports.
- Your channel will not show up in search results following the deletion of your YouTube channel.
Now that you know how to delete your Youtube channel, you might also realize the complications that may arise when deleting the account of a deceased person. The major one is not having access to the account holder’s login credentials. By making use of a Digital Estate Plan, you get to decide what happens to each of your Digital Assets following your death or incapacitation.
Sign up with Clocr today to get started with creating your own Digital Will.