What is WhatsApp?
WhatsApp is one of the most popular instant messaging services which also offers voice calls, video calls, and sharing media files.
So you know what WhatsApp is, but how do you delete a WhatsApp account? Permanently deactivating a WhatsApp account can be done through the mobile in which the account is active.
How To Delete A WhatsApp Account:
- Open WhatsApp on the Mobile associated with the account you wish to delete
- Access the menu by selecting the 3 dots on the top right corner
- Go to Settings → Account → Delete My Account
- Under ‘Account Settings’, scroll down and select ‘Deactivate Account’
- Enter the phone number of the account in full international format(Country code+ The number)
- Select ‘Delete My Account’
Things To Note
- While the deletion of a WhatsApp account is permanent, it may take up to 90 days to completely delete the account.
- This method also deletes the Google Drive backups of chats and media
Now that you know how to delete a WhatsApp account, you might also realize the complications that may arise when deleting the account of a deceased person. Since a password is not required to delete a WhatsApp account, the issue here is having access to the deceased’s cell phone. By making use of a Digital Estate Plan, you get to decide what happens to each of your Digital Assets following your death or incapacitation.
Sign up with Clocr today to get started with creating your own Digital Will.