What is Microsoft?
Microsoft is a multinational technology corporation that offers computer software and related services. Additionally, it offers hardware products such as Xbox video games and the Microsft Surface lineup of touchscreen personal computers.
Now that you have an overview of Microsoft let’s, see how to close Microsoft Account when someone dies.
How To Close A Microsoft Account?
Before you decide to close a Microsoft account, make sure you cancel any paid subscription accessed through that account. Most of the subscriptions can be canceled through the company’s “billing section”. However, some must be canceled from their respective services’ websites, for example- Xbox.com or Outlook.com.
Steps To Close Microsoft Account
- The first step is to sign in to the Microsoft account. You can sign in from account.microsoft.com
- Go to the left-hand side of the page and click on “Security & Password” under the “Account Navigation” section.
- Go to the bottom of the page, click on “ Close my Account”, then click “Next”.
- Now, you will see check-boxes conceding that you understand the result of deleting the account.
- Click on all the check-boxes and select a reason for closing the account.
- Lastly, click the “Mark account for closure” option.
Key Point To Remember: After completing the above steps, you have 60-days to reopen the account. If you do not reopen, the account gets permanently closed.
Now you know how to close Microsoft Account. But, if you don’t have the login credentials of the account holder, you can face certain complications while closing the account. This is why it’s important to create a Digital Estate plan. It allows you to leave behind any information that your family members may require to access your Digital Assets after your death.
Sign-Up with Clocr today to learn more about Digital Estate Planning!