What is WordPress?
WordPress is an open-source and free-to-use content management system primarily used for blogging. It is one of the most popular content management systems in use.
A WordPress account cannot be deleted, but the blogs associated with it can.
How To Delete A WordPress Account Blog
- Log in to your account.
- You can see the dashboard on the left side of the screen. Select the ‘tools’ option.
- A dropdown menu will appear when you select ‘delete site’
- In the dropdown menu, select ‘permanently delete my site’s address and all content.’
- Click on the checkbox and select the delete option associated with your blog’s name. (Example: Delete samplesite.wordpress.com permanently)
- To ensure that no one else can delete the account, a confirmation email will be sent to the email account associated with the blog.
- Confirm your choice by clicking on the link in the email.
Things to note
- You can leave WordPress by leaving the account inactive for a specific time period. This period is set to 30 days by default.
Now that you know how to delete a WordPress account’s blogs, you might also realize the complications that may arise when deleting the account of a deceased person. The major one is not having access to the account holder’s login information. By making use of a Digital Estate Plan, you get to decide what happens to each of your Digital Assets following your death or incapacitation.
Sign up with Clocr today to get started with creating your own Digital Will.