What is Dropbox?
Dropbox is a file hosting service that offers cloud storage, file synchronization, personal cloud, and client software.
If you need to delete a Dropbox account then, here is everything you need to know.
How To Delete a Dropbox account?
Dropbox offers two kinds of services i.e. free accounts and Dropbox Pro paid accounts. Dropbox Pro subscribers need to cancel their subscription before deleting the account.
- Log in to the Dropbox account.
- Hover over the account holder’s name in the upper right corner.
- Now click on “Settings.”
- Now you need to scroll down and then, click on the “Delete my Dropbox” option.
- Enter the password in the field provided then select a reason for leaving.
- Click on the “Delete my account” button and the Dropbox account will be deleted.
Key Point To Remember
- If the Dropbox account is logged in using Google, you need to de-link the account then follow the steps to delete a Dropbox Account.
Now you know how to delete a Dropbox account. But, if you don’t have the login credentials of the account holder, you might have to face certain complications while closing their account. This is why it’s important to create a Digital Estate plan. It allows you to leave behind any information that your family members may require to access your Digital Assets after your death. Clocr offers Digital Estate Planning services sign-up to learn more.