Director of Business Development
Roles and Responsibilities:
- As a business development manager, you’ll identify new business opportunities in order to generate revenue, improve profitability and help the business grow.
- Your work can involve careful strategic planning and positioning in the appropriate markets, or enhancing the operation of the business, position or reputation in some way.
- You may have a single role in the organization or lead a team of staff. Your work will often reach across all areas of the business.
- As a business development manager, you’ll need to:
- Research and identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services – or new ways of reaching existing markets.
- Seek out the appropriate contact in an organization
- Foster and develop relationships with customers/clients
- Understand the needs of your customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these
- Think strategically – seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business
- Work strategically – carrying out necessary planning in order to implement operational changes draw up client contracts – depending on the size of company, this task may be completed by someone else or agreements may not be as formal
- Have a good understanding of the businesses’ products or services and be able to advise others about them
- Discuss promotional strategy and activities with the marketing department
- Getting new business and clients onboarded
- Understanding client’s needs and requirements and preparing customized decks and other collaterals accordingly
Skills and Requirements:
- Up to 10+ years of experience in the industry. Location US (Remote).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Metrics-driven marketing mind with eye for creativity