What is GoDaddy?
GoDaddy is an American domain registrar and web hosting company that allows users to register new domains as well as buy ‘auctioned’ domains.
So you know what GoDaddy is, but how do you delete a GoDaddy account? It is important that all products associated with the account should be deleted 24 hours prior to deleting the account.
How To Delete A GoDaddy Account
- Log in to the GoDaddy Contact Preferences page.
- At the top right corner of the screen, click on the email account associated with the account
- Under Account, next to Closing your account, select Edit
- Click on the checkbox next to I understand this action cannot be undone and click on Close Account
- Re-enter the password to confirm the deletion of the account.
Things To Note
- The deletion of the account is permanent. It is recommended by the site to delete all products associated with the account at least 24 hours before deleting the account
- Refunds cannot be requested once the account has been deleted
- For legal reasons, the website GoDaddy may retain some information concerning the account even after it is deleted
Now that you know how to delete a GoDaddy account, you might also realize the complications that may arise when deleting the account of a deceased person. The major one is not having access to the account holder’s login information. By making use of a Digital Estate Plan, you get to decide what happens to each of your Digital Assets following your death or incapacitation.
Sign up with Clocr today to get started with creating your own Digital Will.