What is LinkedIn?
LinkedIn is social networking platform primarily used for career development and professional networking.
But the question remains, how do you permanently delete a LinkedIn account?
How To Delete A LinkedIn Account
- Sign in to your LinkedIn account from their site.
- At the top-right portion of your screen, click on the profile icon.
- In the drop-down menu, select ‘Settings and Privacy’
- In the ‘Account Preferences’ section, scroll down to ‘Account Management’
- Click on ‘Change’ that is displayed next to ‘Close Account’
- Enter your password to confirm the deletion of your LinkedIn account.
Things To Note
- If you have a premium account, the process is similar to that for the basic account. The difference being you will have to cancel your Premium membership before you deactivate your account. This is how you can do it:
- Under ‘Account Type’, select ‘Downgrade Or Cancel Your Premium Account’
- After that, you can continue with the procedure mentioned above.
- There is an option to download all the data associated with the LinkedIn account before deleting it.
- The account can be re-activated if it’s logged into within 14 days from the date of closing. (Your following, endorsements, pending notifications, and group memberships will be lost, however)
Now that you how to delete a LinkedIn account, you might also realize the complications that may arise when deleting the account of a deceased person. The major one is not having access to the account holder’s login information. By making use of a Digital Estate Plan, you get to decide what happens to each of your Digital Assets following your death or incapacitation.
Sign up with Clocr today to get started with creating your own Digital Will.